Reasons to Join CCGS
- Champaign County Genealogical Society Quarterly
4 issues per year of the Champaign County Genealogical Society Quarterly of genealogical material and previously unpublished county records. The Quarterly is now published electronically, and is available to members on this website. All back issues starting in the fall of 1979 are available to members on this website also.
- Webinar Archive
Access recordings of past month meeting presentations and handouts.
- Tombstone Transcriptions
Access to tombstone transcriptions of over 30 Champaign County cemeteries.
- Champaign County Births and Deaths
Champaign County birth and death indexes. The entries cover 1878 to 1918, with 1902 and 1903 missing from the death records. The coverage for 1918 is not complete.
- Surname Database of Members
Members can add their Champaign County surnames to the surname database. Also, members can search the surname database and correspond with the member who entered the surname in the database.
- Monthly Meetings
Speakers cover many genealogy topics, not necessarily restricted to Champaign County. Currently, meetings are held via Zoom due to the pandemic. To see the upcoming meetings, go to the Meetings/Events menu or click here
- Meet Others
The monthly meetings and genealogy research discussion hour provides opportunities to meet other genealogists and exchange ideas, problems, tips and more. Maybe someone has just the knowledge you need to break down a brick wall for you. Currently, meetings are held via Zoom due to the pandemic. To see the upcoming meetings, go to the Meetings/Events menu or click here
Membership Types and Annual Dues
- Individual - $20.00
- Family (all persons residing at the same address) - $25.00
- Organization (a society or library) - $25.00
Membership to CCGS can be made two different ways:
- Join by mailing the completed membership application form and check to CCGS. Membership Application Form.
- Join online using the CCGS webpage. If guidance is needed to complete the online join, individuals can consult the Join Online document or complete the following steps:
Click on the “Online Join” sub-menu on the left-hand side.
Select a membership plan. Click “Next”.
Complete member information. Click “Next”.
Complete contact information. Click “Next”.
Create a login and password. Click “Next”.
Complete or verify the following:
- Optional Donation – Please note the donation block is optional. If you are not making a donation, leave the cell blank.
- Pick the number of years for your membership, 1 or 2 years
- Verify the total payment due
- Verify the member and contact information
- Complete the human verification by checking the empty box which will cause a number code to appear and entering the number code into the cell.
- Click the “Confirm and Check Out” button
Click the “Buy Now” button to checkout in PayPal.
Individuals will be directed to PayPal where a credit card or PayPal can be used to pay.