The CCGS Quarterly publication began in the fall of 1979. Originally, the CCGS Quarterly was printed and mailed to members, but with volume 33 number 3, the quarterly transitioned to an electronic publication. Currently, issues are published electronically in March, June, September, and December. When the quarterly is completed, members will receive an e-mail with the quarterly attached. Also, all issues of the quarterly are available in the members-only section of the CCGS website. The members-only link to the CCGS Quarterlies is here
The CCGS Quarterly issues are in PDF format. If you do not have a PDF reader on your computer, a free Adobe Reader may be downloaded here
While all quarterlies on the website are PDFs, the files were created two different ways.
- Vol. 1 No. 1 to Vol. 33 No. 2 – the quarterlies were a scan of the original print copy and were not searchable. On 12/30/2019, a new searchable version of these quarterlies was uploaded to the website and replaced the previous version. The new version was made searchable by running optical character recognition (OCR) to recognize the text of the image scan and making the issue searchable.
- Vol. 33 No. 3 to current issue – the quarterly PDFs were created from the word processing software and were always searchable.
Quarterly Indexes -- There are three different quarterly indexes available which are:
- Subject Index – Covers topics that appear in the quarterly. Sub-menu on the left-hand side
- Every-name Index – Covers Vol. 1, Issues 1-3; Vol. 2, Issues 1-4; and Vol. 3, Issues 1-2.
- Surname Index – Covers Vol. 31 No. 1 through Vol. 33 No. 2.